It’s already getting quite warm here in Arizona. The kids have been in the pool quite few times already and I know once school gets out, that’s where they spend most of their time! I try to keep that in mind when I make my meal plan each week during the summer. I try to put as many outdoor meals made on the grill as I can on my plan. These nachos are one of my favorite things to make for the kids. They are so versatile and can be changed up so many different ways! For these nachos I used Del Real carnitas warmed in the microwave, and a bunch of fun toppings. We had beans on the side as well since that’s always what my daughter requests!
You’ll want to preheat your grill on low. Grab your cast iron skillet and place layer of chips in the bottom. Top it with cheese. Continue this step two more times until the skillet is full of chips and cheese.
Take your skillet out and place it on the grill for approximately 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted. While your chips are on the grill, warm up the carnitas according to the package instructions and cut up all of your toppings.
Top your chips with the carnitas and then finish with the rest of the toppings!
Hopefully this gets your in the mood for the upcoming summer and spending a ton of time outdoors. I know we’re looking forward to it!
I have submitted this recipe to the Del Real Foods 2016 Blogger Recipe contest. I’d love for you to vote for my recipe! Click here to vote!!
- Corn tortilla chips with lime
- Del Real Carnitas Slow Cooked Pork
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 of a red onion chopped
- 1 roma tomato diced
- 4 tablespoons of diced cilantro
- 1/2 jar of fire roasted red peppers chopped
- 1 small can of jalepenos
- 1 green onion diced
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Preheat your grill to low. While it the grill is warming up, place a layer of chips on the bottom of the cast iron skillet. Top with cheese. Repeat 2 more times until the skillet is full of chips topped with cheese. Place on the preheated grill for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted. While the nachos are on the grill, follow the instructions on the box to warm up the carnitas. Cut up all of your toppings. When the cheese is melted remove from the grill and top with warmed carnitas. Continue to add the rest of the toppings as desired. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: Del Real Foods provided me with free products for recipe development, as part of the Blogger Recipe Challenge. All opinions are my own.
Thanks for stopping by!