We love breakfast around here, so I’m always on the look out for new healthy ideas! One of my son’s most favorite things for breakfast is banana bread. I have a simple recipe that he has become an expert at making for us on the weekends. It takes less than 10 minutes to put together and makes the house smell amazing!
You’ll want to gather all of your ingredients. We use a mini loaf pan that can make four loaves at a time. This recipe makes 3 of the mini loafs. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and mix again.
Coat the inside of your baking pan with coconut oil and divide the batter into 3 loaves. His favorite part is adding different toppings to each loaf. This time he chose chocolate chips, his favorite, and added pecans to another for mom.
Bake for 40 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes, then remove.
Letting them cool is ohhhh so hard!
Slice and enjoy!
The kids love the banana bread slathered with peanut butter. Who am I kidding, I love it too!
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Optional: chocolate chips and/or pecans to top the bread
- Peel and mash the bananas in a bowl. Add the eggs, maple syrup, applesauce and sugar mixing until smooth. Add the flour, baking powder and baking soda and mix well.
- Add the batter to lightly greased mini loaf pan.Sprinkle on chocolate chips or pecans if using. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes then remove.
I’ve linked up with my friends for our Monthly Kids in the Kitchen Blog Hop. Make sure you check out some of the awesome breakfast ideas their kids cooked up!
Kids’ Kitchen: Apple Breakfast Loaf Recipe | Sugar, Spice & Glitter
Mother’s Day Breakfast | CraftCreateCalm
Easy Eggs Benedict | Royal Little Lambs
Healthy, Yummy, Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins | Living Montessori Now
Banana Bread with a Hint of Maple Syrup | A Little Slice Of Us
Buttermilk Pancakes with Strawberry Compote | Royal Baloo
Tex-Mex Migas | The Gifted Gabber
Pear and banana breakfast oat and almond muffins | Kidgredients
No Bake Energy Bites | Mess for Less
Cheesy Chive Scrambled Eggs | Kitchen Counter Chronicles
Easy Omelet Recipe | Sugar Aunts
Thanks of stopping by!